May 15, 2010

Special Person Week

Day 1 - I took my poster. they loved it. I explained all the pictures.

Day 2 - I took my signed football and football pictures.
Last summer I went to a football camp with my cousins. Luther Ellis and Andre Dyson came. They signed my football and pictures of them. I told my class that I love FOOTBALL!!!



Day 3 - I took my cast and pins.
When I was 2 1/2 years old I broke my elbow. I had to have an operation to put pins in my elbow to fix it. I had a blue cast that all my family signed. Now I have a funny elbow. I also showed them my scar.



Day 4 - I took my Grandma Kathy Bear and a picture of us. (We forgot to take a picture.) I told them that even though I like football and am rough, I also have things that are special to me. I told my class that when I was 3 I lived with my Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Earl. I would wake up really early in the morning and would go into my grandma's room and sit on her chair with her. We would watch for the sun to come up. My Grandma Kathy died. I miss her a lot, but for Christmas I got a bear with her voice. She left me a message. It says, "Hi Mackay, I'll remember you when the sun comes up. Will you remember me when the sun comes up? I love you. Remember me." My teacher listened to my bear and it made her cry.

Day 5 - I was supposed to bring my favorite treat to the class to share.
I love OREOS!!! I gave each of them a package of oreos.
I also wanted to take something else from my Grandma Kathy. I took my pillow and a picture of my grandma holding me when I was a baby. She is wearing her red striped shirt. After she died, we got a pillow for our beds made out of some of her extra clothes. I was lucky to get my pillow made out of the shirt she is holding me in. When I put my cheek on my pillow, I think of when I was a baby and laid on her shoulder.


My mom tells me I am a special kid all the time, but now my teacher and my class think I am a special kid.

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome Mackay. You are a special kid. What a lucky boy you are that you got to be special for a whole week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I learned a few new things about you from this post. I did not know that you love Oreo cookies. And I also did not know that you had autographs from football players that came to your your camp. Very cool. I loved reading about your special things from Grandma Kathy, too. You are a very lucky boy to have had such a great grandma in your life. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mackay this is my most favorite blog that you have done. I love to read all of the special and unique things about you. We were lucky to have a unique and special grandma Kathy. She would have been so happy to know that you included her in your special week!!! I love the memory of sitting in her chair watching the sun come up. Never ever forget that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jane- look at my blog
    i got wiggly tooth i bled

    ReplyDelete
  5. MacKay, This post made Grandma Janice cry.You touched my heart for sure. I didn't even know that you went to football camp. WOW!!Signed football and everything. Grandma Kathy holds a very special place in my heart also.After all , she raised your wonderful Mom, and then your Mom married my wonderful son. I think that is sooo Awesome, don't you? It was fun to see your blue cast OFF!! your elbow. By the way, is that your throwing arm? About the Oreo cookies, how much milk do you drink with a package of oreos? You are very generous and totally Special to share a whole package with each member of your class. MacKay, Grandma Janice Loves you very much. You are such a thoughtful, sweet boy, and I also think that you are pretty darn Cool!! Keep throwing that football, dribbling that basketball and batting that baseball!! Much Love, with Big Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete