Dec 20, 2020

Mackay Ordained an Elder

  Mackay was ordained an Elder by Aaron and received the Melchizedek Priesthood.  



Thoughts from your Ordination/Blessing:
* Stay Close to your Family
* Rely on your Heavenly Father with important decisions in your life.
* Get our of your comfort zone and accomplish goals you never thought possible
* You are kind and sensitive
* You can do hard things

Hayden, Keith Casey, Jason Casey, Mackay, Aaron, Sam, Josh Wendel, Ben, Scott

Mackay Ordained an Elder


First, thank you for coming and supporting our family today.  And thank you for the influence you have been to  Mackay. We feel very lucky to be surrounded by such good people.


Mackay, I want you to know that today, I am so Happy and I am so proud of you.  Not just today but I am Proud of you EVERYDAY.

 

Many say we have very similar personalities. One of the characteristics we share is that we both struggle to make decisions.  Ever since you were a little boy you have always wanted to choose good and make wise choices.  Today is one of those days that you have made a great choice. I am grateful you have chosen to be made an ELDER and receive the Melchizedek priesthood

 

The priesthood is the power to act in God’s name ands it’s purpose is to bless lives. That is a big responsibility but it is also a privilege. I think of the scripture “where much is given, much is expected”.  I hope that you will continue to have a desire to make wise choices and live worthy to use the priesthood and that you will never turn down an opportunity to use this priesthood.


I know your faith is strong, that your testimony is growing and that you will touch the hearts of many through out your life through your words and actions.  The have a testimony of this gospel and of the priesthood. It has blessed our lives with healing, guidance, & comfort. I could rattle off many stories and examples of how the Priesthood has blessed us, but I won't today. 


I am grateful that I have always had the priesthood in my home. Starting with my dad.  I wish he was here today to be a part of this special time, but he is struggling today.  I am grateful for my sweet husband and the example he has set for his boys.  He honors his priesthood.  And now my not so little boy will also have this priesthood. I don’t take that for granted. I am grateful for this gospel and know with all my heart that it is true. I love you Mackay and am so proud of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment